Monday, November 24, 2008

I'd rather feel normal than happy

Date:
November 24, 2008

Miracler:
Chris von Sneidern

Location:
San Francisco

About this week’s mix
With appearances by The Raspberries, The Jackson Five, Mott the Hoople, and even Mr. Frank Sinatra, Chris von Sneidern’s 2003 mix received so much play at my house that the upstairs neighbors had to confiscate it. 2008 brings us more pop from the pop-loving singer/songwriter but with a contemplative twist, hinted at in its title.

About this week’s Miracler, in his own words
KN and I have been pals for over six years. She understands me like no one else is allowed to, though we don’t hang out enough. My webpage remains here but I haven't updated it since Christmas last year. I'm working on a new album for 2009 release, which will likely include that tune on my mix which I debated was a good idea...or not. I just have to wonder, "is it okay to put myself on a mix tape, between Robyn Hitchcock and Richard Thompson??" Yeah, I know... Clearly this is a concept mix, and if you get it, please tell me, because I lost the thread after the Edgar Varese tune.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Chris.

I think that settles it; we should make The Kinks the official favorite group of 3mpmp.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think there's probably another Trend Watch on the horizon, where the boys will properly celebrated.

Doug said...

I guess I just lucked out, but I'll bet my story could be told with nothing but songs by The Archies. (Okay, with maybe a couple from Leonard Cohen right in the middle of the mix - but short ones.)

Chris - is Captain Beefheart a happy ending to this song cycle, or more of a plus-minus kind of thing? I hope it's the former. Either way, good luck, my friend.

Kevin Seidel said...

I have no idea what the thread was, but I dug the tunes Chris.

Anonymous said...

yea kinks! They were the Beatles of their day.

CB is not the end to my story. I'm too young, and didn't attend university.

If you don't get it, read slowly once again. Skip the instrumentals. If you have time, that is. 'cause every week, there's more homework!!


-cvs