Monday, June 8, 2009

What is Pop?

Date:
June 8, 2009

Miracler:
C. Fry

Location:
San Francisco

Miracler Manifesto
What is Pop? Indie Pop? Power pop? Hip-Hop not Pop? Pop 40? If it also rocks, does that make it pop-rocks? It's sugary, it's sweet, we all probably consume too much of it. I like ones with real sugar! Does it have to be popular for it to be pop? If we all remember the song does that makes it pop? If it is popular in Haiti, does that make it pop? It most surely should be listened to in a car... but what about a bicycle?? Pop is made up of artists, producers, pimps, cash wielding creeps, radio-ears and ipod-heads (?) Will pop move you? It must move somebody in less than 31/2, 4 minutes. Do we have a deal? The key is in the titles. Did I mention I have no idea what I am doing? Don't blame me if you get lost. Hold on!! For your humble consumption.

About C. Fry by C. Fry
Chris Fry couldn't get enough of cooking and food so he switched careers to work in food. He loves to write and though he doesn't do it enough, he did convince his job to let him get some words out of his head. He couldn't get enough music so he and some friends started a band. He also can't get enough of the outdoors, traveling and his beautiful wife.

Mix is here.
Enjoy, and best wishes to Chris and Buffy as they Pop out their upcoming Miracle (ideally in the next 3 minutes)!
XOK

5 comments:

sb said...

Digging the mix Chris. And that's a bold move hitting us with Diana Ross.

kelly niland said...

Here's a first for the 3MPMP comment box:

Congratulations to Chris and his wife Buffy on this week's birth of their first baby!

Caelan Kelly Fry
born Wednesday, June 10th,2009 @10:19 am
10 lbs 1 oz
22 inches

That's one big Miracle. XOK

Doug said...

Really strong mix, Chris. This atheist really appreciates your catholic taste in music. Loved it all, but I can't stop listening to that Wyclef Jean track...

Kevin Seidel said...

Nice mix Chris. I'm liking your band too! Reminds me of music I played when I was a DJ in college.

Laura said...

My kind of eclectica! Love starting off with "Deceptacon," then the rest of the transitions that follow.