
Date:
July 24, 2009
What's the buzz?
Perhaps you’ve noticed some recent rough patches of service on the site where I (used to) upload our mixes. Through no fault of his own (I’d said it was cool for him to include links to his 3MPM mixes in the weekly Aquarius email), Aquarius aNDEE’s recent 3-part pop opus was such a hit that the ensuing traffic (534 visitors, and that was just Saturday!) brought our site down a few times over the past week. Ultimately, I had to take all the mixes down, hire a guy to change webhosts, cry a little after 5 days without email access, and rethink where this project should live and how best to manage it.
Upshot: our mix site and my email are back UP.
Downshot: from now on, the mixes will be hosted elsewhere (kellyniland.com is really meant to be my business site). And, Miraclers will need a password to get in. And, I’ll only keep 2-3 mixes up on the site at a time (another reason to check the site regularly). But if you’re already doing that, you won’t feel the difference.
This week’s mix
Is last week’s mix, since I had to take it down prematurely. It’s by Todd Bonne and it’s a beauty. Bunch of enthusiastic comments about it: go see what it’s all about if you haven’t already. And maybe add some comments of your own.
To go directly to the site where all new mixes will now live, click here. But check your email from me today for user name/password in order to access the mix.
Aquarius Andee’s mixes
Have also been reposted, not to our site (I can’t afford another mad da$h), but if you check out the comment section on one of his mixes (it’s a scavenger hunt), you’ll see that a lovely fan has posted them to a third-party place. If you missed them the first time, get ‘em now.
Next week’s mix
Will be the last mix for Season 2. Been a good run! 90 (amazing, free) mixes, ya’ll.
After next week
We’re going to take August off, to give everyone a chance to enjoy the bounty from Season 2. In the next few days, I’ll post the schedule for Season 3, as well as some other fun stuff.
Enjoy your weekend and see you here next week,
XOK
3 comments:
Sure, just let me get model releases from my IT crew here (it took a village), and you should be good to go.
love this mix Todd, one of my favorites!
thanks!
whoops, wrong spot...
Hey Kelly - Thanks for figuring all this out for us and getting all this music to us. You are amazing.
thanks!
Post a Comment