Date:July 15, 2009
Miracler:
Todd Bonne
Location:
New York
Todd Bonne. Known him 23 years. Yeah! Bonded over Tom Waits/ Jonathan Richman/ Replacements in college. Later he'd turn me on to Smog/ Will Oldham/ Silver Jews and all that, for which I'm still grateful. Other factoids: He's a true blonde. A rabbit owner. A veggie eater. A doodler. Painter. Illustrator. Far-flung bicyclist. Furtive 4-track composer of genius secret songs. Mumbler. Boyfriend to the smallest photographer I know. Winters in Manhattan, summers in Newport. Also known to hide out in the Florida Keys. Compiler of quiet-slow-indie tracks which, like me, you may well soon dump into your best-of-3MPM folder. See for yourself. Mix is here. Check your email for the password.
1 more mix coming, and then we take a one-month break before starting Season 3. So get the stuff that's up before it ain't!
XOK
Care to leave a comment? Here's a refresher.
8 comments:
Hats off to Roy Harper!
Holy Fuck. A great live band. Here in Austin, back in '05, Brian Borcherdt crowd surfed a tiny club... and got tangled up in a moving ceiling fan. All the while with a big ol' smile on his face.
Thanks for hippin' this music fan to Karen Dalton, Todd. Really unusual sound. Bit like Ernestine Anderson-- kind of a head tone in her voice.
Super-sweet blend.
Much to love here, Todd. I'll be listening to this one for a while to come. Thanks!
a great mix for a summer night -also makes me want to get the whole dan auerbach album
Am loving this mix! Karen Dalton AND Califone? Awesome...
Great mix. Hats off to Roy Harper!
I really, really love this music. I almost feel... I don't know... sensitive?... when I listen to it. It even made me get out the Bill Fay CD I haven't played in 4 years.
I know our hostess doesn't like it when we start ranking mixes (we're all about inclusiveness here at the 3MPMP), but it's at the very tippy-top of my list.
And Holy Fuck - a perfect way to end a perfect set of songs.
I concur. A-lot to like & a nice consistent blank-space-in-the-production tone. Particularly like: Angels of Light, Lali Puna, Rodriguez, Black Angels & Dirtbombs. Hope that's not too many to particularly like.
Really wonderful. Thank you. And thanks to all the Miraclers for their incredibly great 90 incidents of brilliance in curation. Endless thanks to Miss Thing for hosting 90 compilations of awesomeness.
And a special pat on the knee to Doug P., because it is late and he is tired.
Post a Comment