Hi Miraclers,This graph represents the action our 3MPM page has seen over the past 30 days. Blue bars = unique visitors, yellow = returning. Click to enlarge.
Due to our amazingness, our site picks up a lot of visitors—on average, 200 unique ones a week. StatCounter.com tells me where they came from, how long they stayed, etc. Not all our visitors are lucky Miraclers with the e-keys to the kingdom, but many are. So when you hear me sounding puzzled at the lack of online props shared in recent weeks by you guys, this graph is why. It's cuz I know that week's mix was checked out by 200 different people, and only a handful of y'all had anything to say about it.
Tomorrow's mix by Allie Fung is as fantastic as this week's by Pete, but I don't know if/when I should put it up. After Allie's, we've got 2 more mixes on deck before Season 4 closes. I'd seen some interest expressed on our super-active Facebook page for a Season 5, which would have kicked off in the new year. But hosting this group, as enjoyable as it is (as is the receiving of 52 fabulous mixes/year), does take several hours a week from the busy life of Your Hostess.
So it's up to you guys. Show me and the other Miraclers the money, and we'll go another round together. Otherwise, 4 seasons is not a shabby way to close things down.
Think it over and let your keyboard do the talking. Thanks,
XOK
12 comments:
I'm gonna comment on Kellen's amazing mix instead of this post.
I thought the rule was 3 comments per 3 months, and if you fell below that threshold you were not given the new password when updated. Has this changed?
That is the rule, but it's very time-consuming to actually count who did what and when, and my (real) job has been really busy for a while, so some non-commenters weren't removed there for a few months.
However, I did write to them privately 2 weeks ago to ask them to step it up. Some did, some didn't.
But I think it's clear I'm also trying to get a temperature check here from ALL members about whether we (I) should continue to a 5th season. The Facebook site has been a frenzy of activity for months now, and a bunch of people there said they'd like to keep it all going. So it seems like there's some good interest.
But like I'm saying, it's gotta show up in the comments column here. And it's not, even when I'm directly asking for everyone to show their interest right now.
So it's really up to the gang. But I can say that yesterday after I put this message out, 54 people came to the site, and still, only 1 commented.
You know, it's odd, I haven't been listening to music all that much lately. I don't know whether it's because I'm growing older or because I'm too stressed out or because my inner atonal symphonies are so loud to begin with. I do listen to the radio when I drive (WDET's all music HD2 station is very good, you can stream it commercial free at wdet.org) but at home I keep it pretty silent. I have many theories about this.
Toby, you might consider joining the 4'33PM Project!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUJagb7hL0E
"4'33 Project"? Har! Too-too funny, Kelly.
Toby -- I know of which you speak. More and more I enjoy, and even need, silence. But when I am in the mood for music (like that World's Most Interesting Man dude?) I don't want it to be in the background. I'm hungerin' for music that's curated by someone with great taste, and not coming via some software metrics. 3MPMP mixes are dependably engaging, full of unexpected, rare, and/or new-to-me stuff.
And that's why, Tim Carroll, you remain America's Number One Miracler.
XOK
Well, I look forward to it every week. I seldom actually listen to other music, of late. Thank you Hostess.
Umm, Toby - you made 3 mixes this time around....and one of those included Uncle Earl.
I look forward to it very much, and have found some new favorites this way fer certain. I can't stand the 4:33 club.
Rambling:
(hi everyone)
I will say: I feel more connected to many people here than I do in more "tangible" networks. It is a treat to have learned enough to get really excited about seeing "Allie Fung" next to the words "next week."
My comments are often late because it takes me about 5 days to really start listening to a playlist. That's the relationship of my life to Wednesdays. It's easy at that point to say "Bah! I missed all the witty banter! Again!" and not write anything at all, because I feel like all I'm really writing is "I too love this." But then I remember how it feels to *read* "I too love this" so I write it.
The prodge has opened musical doors for me. It's driven a lot of music buying. And I'd love to see it go on (and on).
But: What I see happening here looks like hostess burnout. Which I believe none of us want. Consider a hiatus; begin Season 5 based only on reading the hostess clock and nothing else. Think about some sort of re-tooling to spread the responsibility. I suspect there's a core of people that have both the technical chops not to fuck it up too badly, and the willingness (and time) to share the load somehow.
Requires some thought and conversation.
Just speaking for myself ... I read so much every day, everywhere, and write and tweet (or at least tweak others' writing) for a living that I'm hard-pressed to feel I have anything interesting to say at the end of the day. I've also noticed that the more social media grows, the fewer actual comments we get on Chronicle stories online. People would rather share it or tweet it than make their own unique comment. I guess I'm just as guilty. I want to give people really insightful comments, not just "thanks."
But, like others have noted, I'm discovering most new music, and favorites, through this group.
So grazie/merci/gracias/thanks to you all, and especially to our hard-working hostess.
Post a Comment