Monday, May 26, 2008

Gil Scott-Heron's Teen Dance Party!

Date:
May 26, 2008

Miracler:
Doug Patterson

Location:
San Francisco

6 comments:

Greg Mills said...

This is entirely true: I was buying an Iannis Xenakis CD at the Virgin Megastore, as I am wont to do. The guy who helped me had a pronounced limp and some kind of mild spinal curvature.

I bring the disc up.

Guy: "Ah, Xenakis!"

Me: "Yeah, I'm having a dance party this weekend."

Guy: "A Xenakis dance party! It would go something like this..."

The guy comes out from behind the cashwrap and does this little stomp, shaking his hands like Al Jolson.

Awkward.

Of course, he was right.

3 Minute Pop Miracle Project said...

Doug, your mix is teendancealicious. Shoulders, eyes, and tongue are all rolling around in sync. In fact, someone hand me a wooden spoon--I think I'm going under.

XO Kelly

Doug said...

Greg - I wonder if the clerk's scoliosis was the result of dancing to Iannis Xenakis?

Anonymous said...

get'n my groove on! NICE!

much love,
charles

artaud said...

Gil Scott-Herron knows how to keep the spice flowing.
Your mix is making my time at the salt mines pass a little more quickly. Thanks for the nuggets! I think I might have dated that girl on the cover when I was in high school - it did not end well...

Anonymous said...

I know I probably shouldn't like that Sounds song, but damn that's one catchy tune.

And I predict you will win the award for best cover art...