Monday, February 16, 2009

Rainy Winter Cassette

Date:
February 16, 2009

Guest Miracler:
Tim Saputo

Location:
San Francisco


Mix is here.


About today’s Miracler
Kind of spur-of-the-moment, I’ve wrangled a guest Miracler, a DJ friend whose mix is a perfect companion for SF’s ongoing rain. I first knew Tim Saputo as the son of a dear friend—he was just a wee lad when we first met in the mid-90’s. Now all grown up, he’s the talented graphic designer behind XLR8R mag, as well as a friend, sweetheart, and neighbor. He’s also got excellent taste in music; hence his inclusion today. Sadly, we’re about to lose him to NYC next month: our loss, your gain, NY Miraclers. Treat him right.

A note about Tim’s mix
Because it’s all mixed-up in that DJ way, it appears as one track—one long fab track. So here's the song list, for those who like to know the specifics (I believe that’s all of us). Enjoy. See you back here soon, XOK

1. Don Cherry "Trans Love Airways"
2. Unknown Artist: "Radio Lowlands" (from Sublime Freequencies-Radio India: The Eternal Dream of Sound)
3. Spacemen3 "Honey"
4. Black Dice "Trip Dude Delay"
5. No Neck Blues Band "Move And Stand In Phase"
6. Vibracathedral Orchestra "Wearing Clothes Of Ash"
7. The Velvet Underground "Ocean"
8. Tim Hecker "I am Transmitting Tonight"
9. Cocteau Twins "Cherry Coloured Funk" (Seefeel Remix)
10. Kid606 "Strum"
11. Maleem Mahmoud Ghania & Pharoah Sanders "Boulandi Samawi"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

stone(y) cold fox of a mix

Anonymous said...

Hey, good job mixing together droney music of different types. Reminded me of the Buddha Box: http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001171.php

Doug said...

Nice - it makes even a sunny day rainy!

I'd never heard "Ocean" before. I can't believe I just admitted that. And I now own my first No Neck Blues Band EP (you know the one, Tim - it has "Move and Stand In Phase" on it).

Thank you, sir!