Monday, March 2, 2009

Recess from Recession

Date:
March 2, 2009

Miracler:
RV

Location:
San Francisco

Morning, Miraclers
As I write today’s intro, it’s a cold & rainy Monday in San Francisco, the Dow just tripped into the 6,000’s, sirens are screaming through the Mission toward this/that/the other, and curled up in a little ball on the floor is my beloved cat of 16 years, diagnosed last week with insta-cancer. I don’t know about you guys, but I could use a lift right now. Calgon, take me away!

This week's Mix
Could not come at a better time. RV is a prescient man, creating as he has the ultimate in “Cheer up Charlie” mixes. Chock full of major chords and harmonies, if this compilation can’t help dilute the blues, I’m breaking into the liquor cabinet.

Mix is here.

And hey, what ABOUT that sweepstakes?
Sorry – got lost in last week’s shuffle. But it will be rolled out this week 4 sure.

Keep the faith,
XOK

5 comments:

Ray said...

I love it! I am a big fan of the major chord, even in good times, as many of you on this list know.

SamKoritz said...

Thanks for the cheer. Seems you're in the pop spirit of the 3mPmp. I particularly like "Furr" & "Anecdote."

Anonymous said...

You had me at Mr. Blue Sky. XXXOOOK

Doug said...

Delightful. Thank you, Rick. For "Mr. Blue Sky" - a song I dearly love, for the Yo La Tengo, for all of the piano scattered throughout your mix, and for my first-time hearing of "Destination Moon." And this coming from a huge fan of Dinah Washington. How did I miss this one?

Anonymous said...

Yay for multiple Yo La Tengo ... though, of course, it reduces the choices for those of us still to come in the 3MPM lineup.