
Date November 25, 2009
Miracler Andrew Wagner
Location NYC
About AW, by AW
“Andrew Wagner met Your Pop Miracle Project Hostess way back in 1995 as a mailroom guy at Hal Riney (RIP) and Partners. The hostess was indeed gracious as she offered some great design advice to the then-fresh-faced youth while he put together his first magazine, Dodge City Journal (RIP). He then had the opportunity to work on the magazine, LIMN (RIP), with your hostess. After that, in the year 2000, he found himself working on the launch of Dwell magazine where he served as the managing editor, senior editor, and executive editor for the next six plus years. In 2006 he left the cozy confines of the Bay Area for the ridiculously overpriced streets of New York City with his wife, the writer Heather Wagner, to become the editor of American Craft magazine. He is currently the editor of ReadyMade. His design chops, sadly, still leave a lot to be desired.This mix is a result of some new finds and the dusting off of some true gems. I hope you enjoy listening to it as much as I did putting it together. Thank you—AW”
Mix is here. Happy Thanksgiving, all. XOK
6 comments:
Awesome. Perfect for the streets of Detroit.
I know! need to get to the streets of Detroit so it can be rocked there. we need to figure that out Toby for real. happy thanksgiving!
another great one Andrew! Many thanks.
Great mix, especially the middle bit which feels somewhat removed from the start and the end. Who know we had to hear Eminence Front again?
Andrew - I'm listening to this through headphones (well, earbuds) while working late into the night in a hotel room on my laptop. Perhaps I'm a little drunk? And I'm very, very glad that you're in the group. Nicely done, my friend.
Thanks for the comments y'all...Lauren, I love Eminence Front and was reintroduced to it in a weird little bar in Des Moines, Iowa and couldn't believe how good it was upon re-listening (is that a word???). There is a little disconnect between the songs but I think that might be the point. I think...
Doug, glad you are digging the mix! and glad you are in this here lil' group too!
Post a Comment