Friday, October 24, 2008
Miracler:
Kevin Seidel
Location:
San Francisco
Kevin Seidel has brought us Songs in the Key of PCH, some fab Cali-influenced stuff that demands to be shared now, as SF’s weather can’t get more Beach Boysian than this week’s. Stuff about Kevin: he’s an ad writer/triathlete/adoring husband/doting dad. But most important to our group, he’s a blonde Californian surfer AND a musician, so he knows his biz. You might also remember him as the guy who rose at 4am to win our Evening With Paul Weller Sweepstakes. So maybe we can add speed freak to the list too. Lastly, in addition to being a maker of Miracles, Kevin’s also a sharer of them. Check out this link he just sent me. That’ll keep you from further productivity today...
3 comments:
Thanks I liked a bunch of the songs, especially Tipsy, Merc Rev, Sondre L, & Beulah. When Myles, that Beulah guy was between bands (Junket & Beulah) I asked him to play in The Sarnos, & Ben Riesling, who recorded w/ Beulah, played on the unreleased post-Sarnos recordings, & may have gone on mini-tour w/ us had he not had a real job. Ah, brushed w/ near-greatness. Thanks, again.
I have been listening to this mix all week, especially in the morning as I am doing yoga (granted, I am not into typical "yoga music".
Thanks again for this stand out mix!
I've been remiss in commenting on this fabulous mix but not because I ain't digging it. From the e-needle-drop to the last note, it's a rollickingly fun mix. And I like that so many of these artists aren't even from the US, let alone Cali, yet in your curatorial hands, each song fills in the brushstrokes of a magnificent portrait of our fine state. Well done, sir!
Post a Comment