Monday, October 6, 2008

Treasury of Best-Loved Wedding Songs for Now & Always

Date:
October 6, 2008

Miracler:
Vanessa Belli

Location:
San Francisco

You know that phrase about living each day like it’s your last, etc? Well Vanessa Belli coined it. And she’s doing it. Right now! A typical day features some yoga, Obama campaigning, craft time, fixin’ some healthy eats, QT with husband Doug and kid Isabel, maybe a stroll to the gourmet donut counter, maybe a walk to the park with the dog, and that’s if she’s not out at the country house, gardening or riding her bike or swimming in the Yuba River. If that don’t beat back the daily dose of weltschmerz.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn, you beat me to "Here Comes Your Man." And I love the fact that you dug out that old Cornershop gem. Whatever happened to them, anyway?

Doug said...

Okay, this is weird. The "first dance" at my wedding (the second one, to the most perfect woman ever) was "Spill the Wine." If we ever renew our vows, you're invited, Vanessa. You too, Doug.

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about your wedding song, Doug! That is a great song for the first dance.

Vanessa, I was really looking forward to your mix, as your last one really stood out to me. Thanks so much for sending out another really beautiful one full of songs I had not known.

Anonymous said...

This mix seems southerner than the last to me. A nice consistent tone. I particularly like the Vetiver song. Not familiar w/ them. Will have to check'em out on Pandora. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Doug, was that the wedding where you accused me of eating all the food? Cause I swear I didn't.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and a lovely, lovely mix.

Anonymous said...

Toby, I wasn't there but have heard about it. It was the one where you'd maybe forgotten your toasting offer and arrived unprepared, but somehow when it came time to deliver, you just auto-quoted some amazing thing from the Odyssey, the "you are so strange" Penelope stuff, and it brought down the house.

Doug, am I close?

Anyway, they're still married and it's like 13 years on, so it was either that or the War that sealed the deal.

Anonymous said...

PS: I haven't yet formally commented on this mix, and it's high time.

Vanessa, another lovely + moody compilation here. Everything runs together like a beautiful sad watercolor painting. As the mixes go on, I'm finding myself appreciating the ones that come from a tighter musical spectrum, like this one. I've already spent many hours with it this week. And since we share a ceiling, you can back that up!

XOK