Date:December 22, 2008
Miracler:
Mark Sabatino
Location:
San Francisco
Mix is here (click this type).
This week’s Miracler
Mark Sabatino plays music, loves music, breathes music, IS music. For years, he was known as the 5th Beatle. His band played at HIS wedding. He bought his 3-year-old daughter a pink guitar for her birthday. He added the cello to his repertoire for his 45th. He still gets child-like excitement over, like, Cheap Trick playing at the Great American. Though, that officially WAS a thing of wonder.
This week’s Mix
Mark has brought us a tapestry of genres, eras, and countries. We get everything from Johnny Mathis to Sergio Mendes to our first 3MPMP glimpse of Joni Mitchell, to our 314th taste of the Kinks (hey, if it ain’t broke....). And what Sab mix would be complete without a sprinkle of girlrock? A little something for everyone here — have a listen.
9 comments:
Marnie Stern! HOLLAAAAA!
Nice flow, yo!
It's great, and it only gets better the louder you play it.
Thanks, Mark!
I particularly like the Liam Finn song. Haven't heard Kim Wilde in a while. She's a celebrity in the UK still but now known more for gardening. Thanks!
And still real happy about the non-Pando downloading.
Happy holidays to all.
Love it, love it love it!
thanks for bungle in the jungle and serenade. What album was that from, Abracadabra? I never liked Candy - O and somehow it sounds great here. Candy's Room was one of my favorite Springsteen songs ever, and one that you never hear in a mix. I also didn't know that Wear your hair...was a Donovan song. Thanks for Ida as well. I haven't heard them for a long time.
Great Job on this one Mark, Thanks!
Oh yeah, what is up with the title of the mix?
Serenade is from the same album as Take The Money And Run (Fly Like An Eagle). Hora is a type of circle dance originating in the Balkans but now found in a number of countries, (most of which use slightly different spellings) - its kinda like that classic dance you see Russians doing where they kick their legs out one at a time while crouching. It also means one hour in Spanish (20 x 3 minutes). Plus, it sounds kinda dirty but its not...I'm really glad you enjoyed the mix.
Good to see Tull—I grew up a fanatic, I shit y'all not. I own everything from 1968-1991 when interest began to wane as the Pixies took hold of my life. But, I gotta say: Bungle in the Jungle? Even choosing from War Child alone, there are other options, most conspicuously, Skating Away.
Alas, I suppose, that's the enigma of taste. In any case, I dig on the mix—truly and thanks....
I saw them in '77 performing in a set that looked like a pirate ship. Ian was hanging off the rigging half the show...any rock song with a flute solo - does it matter which one? Anyway, glad you liked it.
Happy New Year
Post a Comment