Date:Friday, January 16, 2008
Miracler:
Joni Gonzalez
Location:
San Francisco
Today’s Bonus Mix
Takes the word “lounge” and runs with it, spanning 4 decades and various genres, picking up artists along the way that surprisingly have yet to appear in this round’s Prodge: Bjork, Tom Jones, Astrud Gilberto, The Colourfield, Joe Jackson, Dean Martin, Bow Wow Wow’s Annabella, and..oh, I don’t want to give it all way. Suffice to say: excellent mix that packs a super-loungey punch.
Mix is here. Enjoy and have a grand weekend all,
XOK
6 comments:
Joni (I'm pretty sure Joni made this tour de force), you've sprinkled some truly inspired stuff throughout this mix. I've always loved those Donald Fagen and Joe Jackson and Fine Young Cannibals tracks, and it's great to finally have didge files of them.
Also great are the new takes on classic songs you've got here. And I love the TWO Terry Hall songs here. Yeah!
XOK
This is indeed a Joni mix. I got the other copy at the last 3MPMP event and have enjoyed it immensely ever since. Thanks Joni, I'm looking forward to your next effort.
thelonious monk & grace jones together at last! thanks!
Hey Classy Lady!
It WAS I who handed you the White Blank mystery lounge mix. Whoops, how lame of me! Thought I wrote my name on that. You figured right ofcourse, was me.(No doubt DLRoth was a give away). You even gave me swanky cover art...What a girlfriend. Thanks XxOoj.
PS-Glad you're running the show!
Manhatten with a twist? Bourbon for sure, good choice.
I luuuuuuv the SuperLounge ... it consolidates so many great songs and covers that have disappeared out of my collection. This is going on first at my next cocktail party ...
Post a Comment