Friday, January 30, 2009

Bonus Friday: G Is for Groovy

Date:
Friday, January 30, 2009

Bonus Miracler:
RB

Location:
San Francisco

Mix is here.

10 comments:

Doug said...

I haven't listened to this yet, but any mix with Mal Waldron on it is a good one. Thanks, Mr. Blank.

Anonymous said...

Well, Doug, I listened to it. All day, in fact. And you know what? I bet I'll listen to it all day tomorrow too. It's like that.

Anonymous said...

Great mix. I've been listening to more & more instrumental music myself. I like the Don Byron song but when I tried to make a Don Byron Pandora station they didn't have that song, & the other Byron songs didn't sound like that for some reason. No such problem w/ Los Mirlos. Sonido Amazonico sounds like Egyptian Reggae with bongos, which is about perfect.

Anonymous said...

Sam: The Don Byron song is actually a John Kirby tune. Try plugging in John Kirby.

Also, I have the original from 1941 if you're interested. I didn't have it when I put this mix together.

Kelly: I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the tunes. You're the perfect person to head up this project, big ears (as the DJs say) and such a flatterer. xo

Anonymous said...

Saturday morning check-in: Still listening to this. In fact, I think perhaps weekends were made for this mix. And for Michelob. XOXOK

Anonymous said...

I just downloaded the mix and think I may have turned in the wrong disc. This mix appears to be in alphabetical order, by artist, and I'm pretty sure that the Postman track was either the opener or the closer. Anyway, I recommend folks hit shuffle.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, you're right—they are arranged that way, both on the data disk and the mp3 disk. Russell, would you like to make a screen shot of the way you'd like the order to be, so the purists out there can reorder accordingly? If so, just email me the screen grab and I'l add it to this post. Ain't no thang...

Anonymous said...

Nope, my faux pas... Plus I deleted the playlist after burning it anyway.

While it did move nicely from the louder songs to the quieter ones, shuffle will work just fine. I can't imagine that it makes a dif to anyone besides myself.

Thanks for the offer though Kelly

Daniel Coffeen said...

RB, dude: So I finally got the chance to sit down and listen to your keen dj skills. And this is what I find myself thinking: burbling inside you are deep wells of cool.

I wish I had a warm canto inside me.

Anonymous said...

Daniel, just read your comment. Thanks so much, I'm glad you enjoyed it. And yes, Warm Canto is a beautiful tune.