Monday, April 13, 2009

Sexopronto

Date:
April 13, 2009

Miracler:
Jani Mussetter

Location:
San Francisco

Jani Mussetter knows a little sumpin’ about music. Over the years she’s sung it on Broadway, on national tours, in the nightclubs of San Francisco, and on many answering machines across this great nation. (Friendship has its privileges.) When not belting out hits, our Miracler can be found with either a soldering gun, sauté pan, pin cushion, pruning shears, or several leashes in hand.

La Compilacion Especial por Esta Semana
Ms. Mussetter has sifted through the entire Latin catalog to find us the 17 most mellifluous musical bedfellows. Sort of literally, which you’ll soon see. But careful: should this mix get you wondering what a late-night voicemail message from the lovely Jani might sound like, sorry, friend--she’s taken.

¡Viva Musica!

8 comments:

Doug said...

Sexopronto es perfecto. Thank you, Jani.

fritz said...

Lovely mix! Not very conducive to working through the afternoon though...

Mr. Blank said...

My fave mix in some time now. I particularly liked hearing Baden Powell, Céu, Curumin, and Juana Molina. And I was unfamiliar with Sonantes until your comp. Delicious

Tim said...

¡Gracias! Beautiful songs, Jani. Really dig the meandering synth in "El Pasor Mentroso." And the way it slowly melds into Bebel Gilberto's "Ceu Distante" makes both songs even tastier. "Berimbau" by Baden Powell is a nice treat. The original? Used to hearing Astrud Gilberto's and Antonio Carlos Jobim's covers of the song.

kelly niland said...

This lovely mix flows so effortlessly from one song to the next that every time it ends, I feel like I just got dumped off a really tall slide. Only thing to do: start again. XOK

sevabelli said...

Wow. I want to eat this mix smothered with Dulce de leche. Actually, it's sweet enough as it is and still haunting enough to be muy sensuale.
Now if only my husband would get back from LA already..

Rick Vargas said...

Sexopronto, Sexanova, or whatever you call yourself has certainly set the bar for Lovely Latin mixes. I was unfamiliar with several artist. Buika, Susana Baca, Baden Powell...I just want to wrap myself in a giant warm flour tortilla!! Uuhhee, Hayyy muy caliente senorita!

Unknown said...

¡Genial!

it's nice to have the Brazilian and Spanish-speaking Latin American together in a mix... and the flow is gorgeous.

Thanks.