Date October 7, 2009Miracler Daniela Province
Location San Francisco
Thoughts on artists/tracks from "I couldn't possibly..." by DP
2} I flew to Paris with my future husband to see Keren Ann play at L'Olympia in 2005.
3} De-Luxe by Lush reminds me of spending a grey Easter Day on Primrose Hill in London.
6 & 7} Regina Spektor & Rufus Wainwright should tour together (if they haven't already).
8} Everyone knows Air - but no one put them on their mix, so forgive me.
10} "Kittens are cute, but a full grown cat can be cuter." (Hold Still) No one can write lyrics like Jarvis Cocker.
12} Mosquitos opened for Air at the Paramount in 2004.
16} I can't stop listening to Film School or My Bloody Valentine...still.
18} Can you guess one of the singers in Lady & Bird?
About DP, by DP
Marketing "brand manager" by day, freelance styler writer and Mad Men watcher by night. Favorite things of this past year - Jarvis Cocker at the Fillmore, 500 Days of Summer, interviewing an editor from Vogue for the SF Chronicle, visiting the Emery-Egners in Portland, the new Whole Foods in Noe Valley, finishing the Wine Country Half Marathon. To-Do List: complete writing treatment for screenplay, pitch a magazine piece and get published, write another song, finally make a frittata.
Mix is here. Enjoy, XOK
11 comments:
A pre-comment: I'm downloading this mix as we speak, but just based on the artistes included (Lush? love ...), Air, Keren Ann, I know it's going to be as much of a treat as Daniela's last mix.
Dear Daniela, You have ruined my mix plans with the inclusion of this Raveonettes track. Fortunately, your mix is so thoroughly enjoyable and wonderfully floaty and happy - so generally buoyant - that I immediately forgive you. - Avery
Thanks Daniela, So many of these gems are going straight to my repeat folder. Even the Carla Bruni,
but I can't help wondering what her music would be like if she had been born with a harelip and a potato farming daddy.
thanks all!
Laura - I have everything Lush if you ever want copies...Avery, I love that you think this is floaty and happy, I at least wanted a nice part of it to be. Sorry about the Raves, but they have lots of gems.
Agreed on the Carla Bruni - she has certainly led a charmed life, I just saw a good documentary about her on Sundance.
Hi Daniella,
I really enjoyed this. Lots of mellow prettiness and some artists I'd never heard of. I think my fave would be Hello Sunshine. Thanks!
Listened to this at work this morning before everyone came rushing in and found that the mix was perfect for the calm before the storm. Thanks.
Mmmm, Lush.
Mmmm, Super Furry Animals. Is it weird for a guy to like Jarvis Cocker?
love it, daniella. i'm glad to see someone else likes the jangly primal scream.
great mix
Right up my boulevard Daniella - I sense a groundswell of support for the Raveonettes in this group. Lurvely swervely!
Hi Daniella, I got many mixes very late, due to some computer malfunctions, but this one is wonderful and I have listened to it over and over again. Just lovely - thanks.
Post a Comment