Thanks, Sam. I love it all (well, maybe not the Martin Denny so much), and the best news is, what little of it I already owned hadn't made it into my iTunes library yet.
Wait - is that a Hammond B3 I detect on the Cal Tjader track?
Fab mix. Unexpected, kinda, but I've kinda come to expect that from you. It's about time we got a mix such as this into the mix. Thanks for zagging! XOK
7 comments:
Nicely done, Koritz. You're some kind of big shot.
Thanks, I always wanted to be some kind of bigshot. Hey, which Greg is this?
Oh, it's so, so very good. Just beautiful.
Thanks, Sam. I love it all (well, maybe not the Martin Denny so much), and the best news is, what little of it I already owned hadn't made it into my iTunes library yet.
Wait - is that a Hammond B3 I detect on the Cal Tjader track?
Doug (I assume you're B3 Doug),
The Denny is probably the musically mismatched song but I love the drum solo, & it's a Duke Ellington song segue out of a Duke Ellington song....
Is there an artist that claims original ownership (or stewardship of the "best" or "definitive" version) of "Caravan"?
Pandora alone lists dozens of versions, including one by Reid DeFever The Octopus.
Hey Sam,
Fab mix. Unexpected, kinda, but I've kinda come to expect that from you. It's about time we got a mix such as this into the mix. Thanks for zagging!
XOK
Post a Comment