Friday, October 16, 2009

Ooooooh! Hostess is PISSED!

Dear Miraclers,

As you know, we've got a big group of music lovers here. Look around: 90 of you! And as Your Hostess has expressed a few times, this ain't her only gig. It is, however, her only unpaid gig. So on a 'what's in it for me' level, it needs to be fun, to make it worth the effort. That's how it goes.

And yet:
despite 4 reminder emails, the few e-z mix-making directions we have for this group:

1. I need a disk, one that you've tested on other machines and isn't encoded with any iTunes limitations, nor does it include any repeats from former mixes
2. Cover art
3. A track list
4. And a candy bar
5. All of this by the Friday preceding your upload date

have been fully followed by only one of the first eight Miraclers.

As a result, Season 3 has been one long unanaesthetized root canal for Your Hostess. Decidedly un-fun. I can't/won't track you down for something you signed up for.

If you lack the capacity to participate, let me know this now, and I'll take you off the email list and assign your date to a more fully formed Miracler.

Tougher yet: This group will be shut down if it continues to be such a stress/time-suck.

Naturally, that's not my desire. But I need for all of you to be as responsive when your turn comes up as the day you pressed 'send' to join this group.

It's usually lots of fun. Let's get back to that.

Thanks,
Kelly

And PS, if you'd like a reminder of when your date is, go here.

4 comments:

Arthur Baker said...

Hello Hostess/Priestess of Pop,

I just want you to know a couple things from an old bear on the lonely mountain. One, I understand exactly how you may feel, though without the details and the depth. And you do right to call out all of us slogs for misappropriating your energy and kindness in this decade of oughts and laxness.
Rant on all you need, it is refreshingly real and cuts to points beyond this point that we all need to honor and recommit to, if we play fair and fierce with our friends.

But I for one have considered your real human service in this as a boon to my life, bringing new music and harnessing vast creativity in individual musical and artistic participation directly to my life through the vehicle of this. Thank you. Thank you.

And if it goes no furthur than this moment in time then I will be and remain very grateful for what has been given, for the medium of the communication may be music, but the conscious aspect of this is manifest as emotional feeling qualities made available to the being through art and made a present to loose the mind and press good and real feelings close to the heart through the power of music. Praise you. Praise music.

I hope this comment will add my work boot for a collective kick in our asses to move us to honor and remember what is given here through you unpaid largesse.

Have fun with this project, or if it loses that quality, then throw it on the fire and be proud and happy for what you have accomplished, props to you girl.

With love Arthur

Unknown said...

Hey Kelly,

As a newbie, I'm grateful for your invite to join. Even with these first few mixes, I've heard and enjoyed a healthy dose of music I never would have otherwise. So, a big thanks for all your effort to keep this lovely beast alive and for making it seem so seamless. But, if indeed it's like painful dental surgery (Laurence Olivier as the sadistic dentist in Marathon Man comes to mind), I'll understand if you drop the whole damn thing.

Thanks for the ride, however long it lasts. If and when my mix-time comes, I'll get my lazy ass in gear and do my tiny part. And I hope everyone steps up so we can reap the benefits of this ass-kickin 'prodge'. Well, I'm not as eloquent as Arthur (great letter), but I still wanted to send my thanks Kelly for all your hard work in gluing this motley cart together. I'm lovin' it.

bye, peter

Allie said...

There's nothing like saying your pissed (and calling people out) to light a fire. I better make sure my man behind the scenes understands all that needs to happen to make sure that you're not pissed at me. 10/28 What Up!

Allie said...

I meant "you're" and not "your". Here's to illiterate miraclers!