Date October 21, 2009Miracler Pete Kellen
Location Milwaukee, WI
Pete Kellen may be new to our group, but he's not to the inner-workings of a super-cohesive pop mix. An advertising writer who lives with his wife in Milwaukee and works all over the US of A, Mr. Kellen has this to say about his mix: "With a few notable exceptions (De La Soul, Modest Mouse, a couple others), these are all bands I've seen in the last year. So this isn't just music I like. It's music I plopped down my hard-earned money to see."
Ah, the pleasures of birth control.
Mix is here. Enjoy, XOK
11 comments:
I haven't heard it yet, but I bet it's really good, even with a repeat.
Well I've heard it and its one of my all time favorites even if it does kinda bite mine which comes out next week. There's no accounting for good taste. Can't wait to delve a bit deeper into some of the bands you included that I've never heard of before. Thanks for your miracle.
PS did you see TPOBPAH at Rickshaw?
I saw them at Pitchfork in Chicago. The mix wasn't great. The singer's voice, which is thin to begin with, got a little lost.
For me, the best show of the year was Band of Horses at Lollapalooza.
http://www.esquire.com/blogs/endorsement/band-of-horses-at-lollapalooza-081009
pete
Pete Great Album Cover Art....Love it!
Thanks Joni. I wanted to provide an answer to the age old question, "What would Peter Frampton look like with glasses and a big-ass nose?"
pete
Kellen - I'm in you, you're in me. Love the Great Lake Swimmers, and I haven't come across a title as good as "Young Adult Friction" in quite some time. Thanks for the share!
They got a lot of fun titles. "This Love is F*****g Right", "Kurt Cobain's Cardigan", "The Tenure Itch". Good times.
pete
Here's the song I really wanted to include from the National. Best thing they played all night. Unfortunately, it appears we'll have to wait for a better quality version. Maybe if they decide to do another album at some point. No really, guys, take your time.
http://cdn.stereogum.com/mp3/The%20National%20-%20Blood%20Buzz%20Ohio%20(Live%20In%20Boston).mp3
pete
Late to the compliment party here, but I've really been enjoying yer mix. It's like a 2009 Noah's Ark of animal-named indie bands, between the grizzly bear, horses, mouse, bat, deer, phoenix, rabbit, and if you want to stretch it: ravens, we got much of the food chain represented here.
Animals aside, lovely time capsule of contemporary fabulousness.
Thanks! XOK
Very late with comments, as I am just now able to listen to any of these mixes - anyway, I put it on last night and have listened to it all the way through 5 times. It does flow so well. Some favorites are the first 4 songs, People as Places.. Lasso, an Twilight. This mix is an instant favorite.
aww jeanne marie, i'm blushing.
pete
Post a Comment