DateOctober 27, 2010
Miracler
Paul Rauschel-bach
Location
San Francisco
You remember Paul.
He made this wonder in May '09 which inspired comments like "I really love this mix, although my wife wondered what a folder titled 'The Nostalgic Virgin' was doing on my desktop" and "Nice, well-segued mix w/a retro, sometimes UK Art Rock undercurrent."
Well now he's back with another insta-classic, featuring artists Crystal Castles, !!!, Shout Out Louds, Ween, and Coco Rosie, with lots of unexpected stuff in between.
And don't forget that the 3 Minute Pop Miracle Project, Season 3 is closing down FOREVER! this Saturday. If you'd like to be part of the leaner/funner/frequenter Season 4, check out the terms and email Your Hostess before then. Then check your email on November 1 for the new password and calendar.
Looking forward to seeing you back here for Season 4. And if you can't do it, it's been a pleasure having you here for Season 3.
Your ever-lovin' Hostess,
XOK
Mix is up. Same password. See you back here or on our members-only Facebook page.
9 comments:
killer mix paul, can't EVER argue with ween! and love jack penate, serious jam/style council vibe. and both the identicals and collie buddz = awesome new-to-me discoveries... heavily digging!!!
Wowzer! Talk about cool! Or maybe groovy is more appropriate.
And I have to agree with Andee: can't argue with Ween, ever.
That Cotton Jones — so much decadent dreamy yum. The St. Vincent: how do I not know this? It's of my ilk to a disconcerting t.
A blast from opening to close. Thanks.
The Sleeper title, among other references (orgasmatron, procrastination, etc.), is because some of these bands are people that I hadn't heard of until very recently, but clearly should have. Asleep at the radio/stream/podcast.
That Collie Buddz was apparently the hottest thing of 2007, which I completely missed. Perhaps it is Prop 19 that brings it up again so I could catch it.
The Soundway compilation "The World Ends Afro Rock and Psychedelia in 1970s Nigeria" was one of my happiest finds of 2010. The whole thing is awesome, but the Identicals were standout.
Paul--
Tricolor pasta serenaded by David Sanbornesque 70s saxophone. Yeah, man!
So why is that beautiful St. Vincent song not a Top Forty hit?
Like that Cali Fever organ and Fela beat.
Thanks for the mix, Master.
Correction: not "Sanbornesque" but actual Sanbornosity!
http://stereogum.com/6711/new_ween_your_party/mp3/
Guess this tin ear isn't totally made out of tin.
A little Prodge trivia: that St. Vincent track first appeared on Kevin Seidel's mix, 'Downside,' in June '09.
Sharing the props! XOK
Some pop gems. Standouts for me include the Liam Finn, Beirut, Shout Out Louds remix & St. Vincent -- even if the song is a rules-violating repeat.
;-)
Oh, outstanding. Faves: Liam Finn, Collie Buddz (I missed it in 2007 as well), Cotton Jones, Jack PeƱate, !!!.
Does that Collie Buddz track end quite abruptly? Do I have a broken file?
I've been enjoying this entire mix muchly over the last couple of months. Especially love: Collie Buddz, !!!, Liam Finn, Shout Out Louds (awesome beat), Beirut. LLLove it!
Post a Comment