Monday, May 11, 2009

The Nostalgic Virgin

Date:
May 11, 2009

Miracler:
Paul Rauschelbach

Location:
San Francisco

About this week’s Miracler
Paul Rauschelbach is possibly our tallest Miracler, with the longest hair, most petite wife, and adorablest dog. Okay, that one was obviously a half-truth, as all dogs are equally adorable. But I’m pretty sure Paul’s got the longest hair. See for yourself.

Note from our Miracler
I've packed an eclectic lunch for you and the fair maiden. It includes licorice, girl sweat, pomerol, candles, melancholy, shadows of leaves, feathers, running jumps, and chocolate.

Mix is here.

4 comments:

Tim Carroll said...

Screaming Lord Sutch AND the Thirteenth Floor Elevators-- celebratin' the Klassics! Psychedelic jug band music, y'all.

Those Conchords fellows are beautiful. Like a tree. Ever Fallen in Love? Har! Just was visiting the post-Buzzcocks Pete Shelley Homosapien on YouTube the other night, while doing dueling 80s club nuggets with Val. Remember that song? Last time for this geezer was at the I Beam, circa '81.

First time to hear Olivia Tremor Control. Been intrigued with the band's name for quite a while. Waddayaknow, kinda Beatles-y.

Hmmm. Sean Hayes has a controlled tremor, don't he? Midlake and dEUS and Bats For Lashes and Dungeon: also new treats for these ears. Thanks for the fun mix, Paul.

Sam Koritz said...

Nice, well-segued mix w/ a retro, sometimes UK Art Rock, undercurrent. I particularly like the Iron & Wine, Sean Hayes & Screaming Lord Sutch. Interestingly, when I created a Sean Hayes Pandora station, the first (musically similar) song they played was by Iron & Wine -- your intuition matched the Music Genome Project's formulas. Thanks, Paul.

Doug said...

I really love this mix, although my wife wondered what a folder titled "The Nostalgic Virgin" was doing on my desktop. I'm a secret Michael Franti lover, so I was delighted (and surprised) to see him show up at the 3MPMP. Screaming Lord Sutch was new to me. Jimmy Page played with him? Funny. But hey - I put "Jumping Fences" on my mix 3 years ago. Kelly, I DEMAND that Paul give us 20 new songs.

Paul Rauschelbach said...

I'm working on my penance. So sorry to trample previous genius. We stand on the shoulders of giants.

To temporarily ameliorate my snafu, I supply a link to the amazing Bat for Lashes video of "What's a girl to do?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EICkZWEzFGE

And some inspiration for future cover art!
http://englishrussia.com/?p=2998