Date:May 25, 2009
Miraclers:
Brian Emery
& Sarah Egner
Location:
Portlan, OR
About this Mix, by Brian
"So we got married last month (a Hurrah! and a Whoa!) and part of the package we gave to the folks that made it to Mexico was a mix picked out just about 50/50 between Sarah and myself. A simple criteria, we chose songs that mean or have meant something to us as a couple during the course of our many years of living in sin. Apologies for the overlap (I know the kinks, big star, and the books have already been posted), but this was conceived for a different purpose. We walked in to Radiohead and out to The Books, with nods to the Beach Boys, Bright Eyes, and Mr. Neil Young. There's a lot of extra sweetness in here, but I figure it's about as close to a "true" 3mpm mix as you'll see coming from my direction. We wanted to share a bit of our day with our friends, so here goes. I hope you enjoy it. - Brian & Sarah"
Mix is here. Enjoy, XOK
4 comments:
I still have you guys's classic double CD. This is another nice poppy mix. I particularly like the White Stripes, Chavez & Damon & Naomi. Thanks E2.
Oh yeah, & congrats on the getting hitched!
Thanks for the kind words, Sam! I'm happy you're enjoying sugary sweet mix - BE
Very enjoyable, even though it was stacked with the usual suspects. I expect I'll be listening to this one quite a bit through what passes for summer here in San Francisco. Lots of good songs, but, like Sam, I liked the Blue Nile-Chavez (Matthew Sweet on qualudes?)-Damon & Naomi run. And the John Cale made for a beautiful outro. Thanks, you two!
Post a Comment