Friday, May 29, 2009
Miracler:
Toby Barlow
Location:
Detroit
The Back Story
Quite a few years ago, I'm gonna say 7 or so, fellow Miracler Arthur Baker threw down a particular musical challenge in the company of Your Hostess, Mr. Doug Patterson, and Mr. Toby Barlow. That challenge was to create the ultimate City Vs. Country music mix.
Fast forward to the present. And then go back one week, in which Your Hostess creates her take on the theme City Vs. Country. Have you heard it yet? You should—it's fantastic. Now back to now, in which Toby Barlow adds his own to the pile. With that, I give you: City Vs. Country: Part II. Might there be more upcoming submissions by Mr. Baker or Mr. Patterson (or by one of you not in the room that day)? Tis up to ya'll.
Note to Jack Niland: Dad, Toby's gone and included a dirty song again. So might want to skip Track 20. But don't worry about Track 1. That one's actually harmless.
Enjoy, all. Enjoy.
XOK
6 comments:
Maybe this is politically incorrect, but I think Ike's fist made Tina a better singer.
More on the mix later...
The Stampeders! That reminds me of my AM youth! (in the suburbs, neither the city or country)
AM Radio, that is.
I'm liking this city/country mix too, particularly the Jimmy Reed, Hoagy Carmichael, JW Hindle, JJ Grey & Tegan & Sara. The latest figures show crime rates declining nationally but rising in small towns. (Speaking of which, did you notice that the SF murder rate is way down while shootings remain flat? Lots of "nonfatal shootings.") Thanks, Toby.
For the mix, not the non-fatal shootings.
Really liking the JJ Grey, Nick Cave and Jimmy Reed. Not feeling the Cocktapuss so much. And I stand by my Ike & Tina comment. What ever happened to Soul Coughing?
Post a Comment