Wednesday, March 2, 2011

(Crying Noise)

Date
March 2, 2011

Miracler
Jeff Morris

Location
Rockridge

Cool! Jeff Morris!
Totally. Without him, we wouldn't have had Excellent/ Good/ Fair/ Poor/ Undecided, recipient of "Lots to love here, and who needs guitars, anyway?" and "Be still my Yeah-Yeah-Yeahs-Rock-Band-singing heart" and "Spank Rock! Tasty" and "I check Excellent. I'm returning to it regularly like the swallows to Capistrano." And on an anecdotal level, Your Hostess reported high-high replay of the Of Montreal, Walkmen, and Unrest tracks, among others, here at 3MPM HQ. So what does 2011 bring us, Mr. Morris?

Liner notes, kinda
I'm a huge fan of the actor Mads Mikkelsen. So I asked myself: What if Mr. Mikkelsen played these songs on a trip with his wife from Copenhagen to Odense and, using parts of his own quotes taken from the internet, shared his thoughts about the mix to me? This is what came back:

After the first listen: “No chance to comprehend... so dramatic...”

The Verdict: “I love... it... very classical in the sense of sophistication... that presence... is kind of scary... which pleases my wife.”

Mix is up; Use same password—reminder's in your email. See you back here or on our members-only Facebook page soon.
Until next week,
XOK

9 comments:

xtina said...

DAZZLE!?!
OMG I cannot press 'play' fast enough! Thank you, brother.

Allie said...

Puzz, congrats on melding your two current obsessions, Mads and your art work. I'm lucky to be number 3. Solid mix bro. First time electronica sounds good to me. Extra points for Suzie.

Danny Lee said...

You, Appearing is pretty mesmerizing.

Kevin Seidel said...

Just popped an Percocet and everything is as it should be. ;) Okay, not really, but perhaps I should. It's a good moody mix.

Standouts for me: James Blake (surprisingly) and Casino vs. Japan (need more of that), Unfortunately, the Crystal Castles actually does remind me of a bad night at a club on Percocet. But that's a story for another time.

Steven T(rujillo) said...

Well, it's not Copenhagen to Odense, but the Santa Fe-to-Albuquerque sunrise (these days, anyway) commute is a reasonable substitute. Mix is sublime. Sucks me in, pushes me away a bit (Salem, Crystal Castles), pulls me back in, pulls me through. Lovely. Thanks.

Daniel Coffeen said...

Ah, finally getting around to listen to this: such dreamy stuff. Good to hear Siouxsie — I don't think I've heard that song since 1988.

I love the reverb yum of Salem. The emotive oddity of James Blake.The exquisite yum of Lightning Dust.

I kept expecting The Cocteau Twins...

quite enjoyable, in a dripping kind of way...thanks

peter b said...

Trippy goodness. Lightning Dust = niiiice.

pepe verde said...

Now this is totally out of my radar, not at all the type of music I usually listen to (save maybe Crystal Castles). And certainly not what I expected to find at 3MPMP. Which is why I'm even more thankful that you've expanded my palette a very nice extra bit. Great for a rainy day, thanks!

sarah e said...

Dear Sir, this wonderful mix is like taking a handful of Valium on an empty stomach followed by a a triple espresso. Nice work!