DateLiner Notes
There’s more to Scandinavia than Death Metal. So you won’t find any of that here. Instead, you will find a cross section of everything else, from super uber twee to singer/songwriter to indie to out and out rock and roll.
That said, I don’t know much about some of these artists. The Legends are a great retro indie rock group that at times sounds like early 80s Cure or late 80s indie guitar/C86. Sondre Lerche is a singer/songwriter you may know from the movie Dan In Real Life or as an opening act for Elvis Costello. Soundtrack of Our Lives was simply the best rock and roll show I have ever been to (with fellow miracler, Brian Emery, a few years ago at Bimbo’s).
Lots of major chord pop? You betcha. ‘cause I’m a sucker for it, as many of you know. No apologies here.
Hope you enjoy it.
15 comments:
love soundtrack of our lives. what the heck happened to them? did their work visas run out?
looking forward to the mix. i already like the concept. scandinavia is where it's at.
-- kellen
Mr. Welter has done it again -- an insanely catchy, fun mix with a bunch of music I would have never otherwise heard.
Thank you for this mix! Simply put, I think it's awesome! So far, 2011 has been, oddly, Scandinavian-centered for me (my sister marrying a Danish man, I just bought a Volvo, my son's obsessed with Norse mythology, my wife is editing a book on a Norse-based viking adventures...), so this totally fits in.
"Soundtrack of Our Lives" was an instant favorite of mine when I first heard them. I've not heard of them before, but I really like the "Thirdimension" song also.
Very Loud Very Nice and that last track just makes me smile. Thank you again Ray.
This looks great - and thanks again for if it ain't Scottish!
What's in the water up there? So many interesting sounds coming out of the area...
Some real nice stuff in this enjoyable mix. Always good to get some more TSOOL for the library (they're excellent live, btw).
I'm with Fritz: What is it that has them making so much yum?
Of course, this isn't exactly a scientific study for there is one conspicuous variable: you and your taste. Which is fan-freakin-tastic.
So, as far as I know, your taste + Scandanavia = music I like.
Thank you.
This is definitely a set that I wouldn't have minded going back to 20-track mixes for. (Sorry for that awful sentence structure.) Thanks, Ray. More, please.
Okay so, that picture scared me at first. But I finally listened to this mix and I love it!
Warm and fuzzy stuff from a cold place. Love the chick-fronted Sambassadeur and Laurel Music.
I dig your cover art cause it makes me imagine these beastly men all running towards me, to save me of course from some evil pre-christian behemoth....while this mix plays...it's kind of an updated Python thing, but it works!
As does this mix in order and shuffled!
I thoroughly enjoyed this mix. Confrontation Camp was easily the highlight for me.
Pepi, as always great mix but now I have to re-categorize all of your 3MPM mixes into a new genre categories that involves the Dewey Decimal system that is based on geography and culture. Can't you do anything simple? :)
love this stuff! and I only knew the last 3 bands --now that's what we like, discovering new amazing music! thanks :)
Finally catching up on my listening. I love it all, but some of the highlights are the stripped down track from Shout Out Louds, and that Pelle Carlberg with a funny and seemingly heartfelt 'Go To Hell'. But where are the Gert Jonnys!?
Post a Comment