Bonus FridayAugust 8, 2008
Miracler:
Jeanne-Marie Greiner
Location:
Chicago
About today's Lucky Bonus Surprise Mix
Just back from a road trip from Chicago to Bloomington, Indiana, Jeanne-Marie has officially road-tested her expressly-created drivetime mix, and reports that it held up to all levels of local and express situations. And upon its testing it in the 3MPMP Labs, this mix is officially Pop Miracle-approved as excellent driving material. So throw down your illegal cell phones, Miraclers, and pop this thing into your deck and crank it.
4 comments:
This mix might be called "Guilty Pleasures," but I see no guilt required for most of them. The Scandal song, maybe....
You put that Let's Active song on a mix for me in college, and I've cherished it since. And The Babies definitely brought me back to a much earlier time. I've put the bulk of this mix into my personal "Best of 3MPMP" folder. Bravo! XOK
thanks Kelly,
Some how I look like my grandma in this photo.
With your selection of Scandal's "The Warrior", you have teased out a part of me that I haven't been aware still existed for lo these 30 plus years. I don't whether to thank you or send you my next therapist bill. I also seem to remember a Babies album I had in something like freshman year of high school, but I refuse to say more... The BTO, Cochrane, Allman Brothers trifecta also gave me a good ol' 1970's Southern ditchweed contact high (even though Cochrane and BTO are from Canada and Cochrane's song is from the nineties). Guilty pleasures is right. Who's that hot girl on the cover? I think I dated her once...it did not end well. Thanks Jeanne-Marie!
I was out of town last week and this was a fun one to come home to. And, I gotta say, not much to feel guilty about here. Okay, the Scandal song. Which, irony notwithstanding, is just plain bad. And anything covered by Rascal Flatts is, by definition, crap. (That'd be Life Is a Highway.) Love "In Little Ways," "Jackie's Dressed...," "Never Said," and the list goes on. All in all, my iPod is purring from this new mix. Thanks, Jeanne-Marie. You can crash my party anytime.
Post a Comment