Sunday, November 30, 2014

Sex/Death Bonus Mix #2: Bicentennial Throat

Date
November 30, 2014

Miracler
Stephen Bramfitt

Location
San Francisco

Diving deep
into our Bonus theme is Mr. Bramfitt, he of May 2013's They Call Me Naughty LolaOct. '12's Black Like Doug Patterson, April '12's I, Superfustinox, Nov. '11's An Envious Sliver Broke, Jan. '11's Kiwiana: Music From The Other Down Under, and Jun. '08's Pop Incarnate. SB's past mixes have garnered a whopping 109 comments from fellow Miraclers. What will you say about this one? Well, you can start with the hygienic effects of licking glass coffee tables...

Mix is UPTo comment on this mix, click on the 'Comment' button below the post and write something. If you don't have/want to use your Google etc. accounts, just type your name in the "Name" box and you are done. See you back here or on our members-only Facebook page soon. XOK

6 comments:

John G. said...

Ah, a calm and thoughtful collection. Thank you, Mr. Bromide. Enjoyed it all, particularly Grimes and Bibio, but really had to smile when I heard the last track. No need to hit the Ringo Button (FF) for this one. Looks like you're on the wrong side of the coffee table, though...

Unknown said...

Wow, the last two mixes have been some of my biggest favorites since I've been listening. I put this on when I was writing and kept getting distracted by another song that I liked. Bad for work, but the sign of a strong playlist. It really builds nicely too. Favorites were Polica, Ministry, The Beta Band and I'll second the love for Bibio. This will get heavy rotation in the iTunes library.

Van B said...

So many songs to love on… POLICA, T-Rex, Nilsson… "Photograph" is one of my favorite post-Beatles tunes, and a great closer for this collection. Thanks much!

Unknown said...

Pretty much I have been listening to this mix over and over ever since Dec 26th! It is gorgeous and has a nice balance of up beat songs with mellow ones. A couple favorites that were new to me are the songs by Grimes and POLICIA. The prettiest song award goes out to Bibio, how lovely! Photograph has always been the emblem of a bittersweet ending Thanks posting this mix which is doing a fine job of ringing in the new year.

Doug said...

Fuck I love The Beta Band.

lauren said...

I was the happy recipient of this excellent mix. It's been my near-constant companion in the car (viva la cd player!) Nice flow, nice range. Many thanks, Mr Bromide.